Orchard Lake Museum

More information coming soon.

museum-flags

Orchard Lake Museum is the home of Greater West Bloomfield Historical Society.

  • Collection of area artifacts, historic photos and documents
  • Research
  • Open second Sundays 1-4 pm and by appointment 248.757.2451

Items permanently on display include:

  • 17th-century dugout canoe
  • The Keego Cinema sign, a neon landmark for 60 years

 

Museum Store

Items are available during Open Houses. Some items are available at the Orchard Lake City Hall, Oakland County Pioneer and Historical Society, Orchard Lake St. Mary’s Schools, Winterset Galleries, and West Bloomfield Town Hall.

 

History of the Site of the Museum

In 1854, a structure was built as the Orchard Lake House and later renamed the Orchard Lake Hotel. It was razed and replaced in 1938 with the current structure housing the Orchard Lake City Hall. In 1987, when a new city hall was constructed, the Greater West Bloomfield Historical Society was granted use of the building, now known as the Orchard Lake Museum.