Saturday, May 16 & Sunday, May 17, 11-5 p.m.,
Orchard Lake Museum, 3951 Orchard Lake Road
Guided tours of Apple Island. First come first served. No reservations. Last departure at 3:30 p.m. Sponsored with West Bloomfield Schools. $15 adults, $10 children 5-12 years. $5 GWBHS and Time Travelers members.Docent Training
Wednesday, May 13, 7 p.m., Orchard Lake Museum, 3951 Orchard Lake Road
Would you like to lead a tour on Apple Island or guide a 2nd grade class through the Orchard Lake Museum? Come see what it’s all about. RSVP by Tuesday, May 13 to Gina, Contact Gina or 248.622.7570.
Apple Island Guest Tour Tips
• Tours are anticipated to leave every 15-20 minutes.
• The entire trip takes over two hours. If you must return to the museum by a certain time and if your timing looks tight, please do not make the trip as we cannot guarantee the trip length.
• NO reservations or presales. Signup is first come, first served beginning at 11 a.m. at the Orchard Lake Museum, 3951 Orchard Lake Road.
• Please be available when your group is ready to leave.
• Payments are by cash, check and credit.
• The last tour leaves at 3:30 p.m.
• The Orchard Lake Museum is open. There are activities indoors and outdoors.
• Snacks available.
• A museum restroom is available and a port-a-john is on the museum grounds.
• When your group is ready to depart, guests board a bus for the St. Mary’s dock and then board a pontoon boat for the island. All guests wear a life jacket.
• Fifteen steps must be climbed to get onto the island. The paths are natural.
• It is up to 10 degrees cooler on the water and the island so dress accordingly. Parents are responsible for their children’s safety at all times.
• Guides lead groups on a 45-minute walking tour of the island. STAY WITH YOUR GUIDE.
• Then guests stop to hear presenters and leave the island at their own pace.
• Walk directly back to the boats. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE.
• No drinking water is available on the island. A port-a-john is available for emergency use.
It is your responsibility to watch the time so that you are able to catch a boat back to the mainland in a timely manner. Each boat holds about 15 people.
Guest # Tags
• Each guest receives two number tags at registration.
• Upon island arrival, place one # tag on the Guest Board so we can track of guests. Keep one tag with you.
• As you leave the island, return the other tag.
- Download a PDF of Our 2015 Events