Archaeology 101, Friday, August 28, 7-9 p.m. & Saturday, August 29, 9-noon or 1-4 p.m.
- Orchard Lake Museum, 3951 Orchard Lake Road and Saturday
- Meet for an overview of archaeology on Friday evening, followed by being in the field for hands-on archaeology activities at a historical area home with the Detroit Center for Public Archaeology on Saturday.
- Receive a certificate as an archaeology enthusiast. For ages, 15 and up. $20 per person. Register at www.motownarchaeology.com/workshops. Information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313.887.5917
- *Sponsored with West Bloomfield Parks & Recreation Commission
Vintage Fashions: Saturday, September 19, 1-3 p.m.
- Recreation Activities Center, 4640 Walnut Lake Road
- The Questers historical organization volunteers model elegant authentic 1860-1940’s garments. You’ll gain awareness of what it was like to dress during the Victorian era and why fashions changed so dramatically during the 1900’s.
- $10 per person includes refreshments. Contact email@example.com or 248.518.0871 with questions.
*Sponsored with West Bloomfield Parks & Recreation Commission
Michigan Military Academy Morning*†
- Saturday, October 10, 9 a.m.- noon, St. Mary’s Dining Hall, Bldg. 15, Commerce Rd.
- MMA author Brian Bohnett and St. Mary’s historians, Marcin Chumiecki and JJ Przewozniak, share their perspectives and recently found artifacts from the 1880-1905 military prep school, known as the “West Point of the West.”
- Event includes brunch, presentations, artifacts exhibits, and MMA focused guided campus tours. $15 per person.
- Prepayment by Oct. 7. Contact RSVP or 248.518.0871 with questions.
- Download a PDF of Our 2015 Events