Do you love history and helping out in your community? Greater West Bloomfield Historical Society is a volunteer-run, 501(c)3 non-profit organization and we have lots of fun and rewarding opportunities for you to get involved:
Volunteer event duties include, but are not limited to: greeter, membership sign-up, event sign-in, refreshments.
- Apple Island Tours (3rd weekend in May)
- National Trail Day Walk (June)
- Pine Lake Cemetery Tour (October)
- Spring and Autumn Nature Walks at the Orchard Lake Nature Sanctuary
- Local history programs at the West Bloomfield Township Public Library
- Event planning
- Museum collections/accessions
- Museum exhibits
Orchard Lake Museum
- Second grade group tours – docent on Apple Island or at the museum
- Monthly open houses – docent
Volunteer training is provided.
Diane Eanes, Volunteer Coordinator